Mindfulness and Meditation
" I AM whole. I AM love. I AM light. I AM Peace. I AM free. I AM limitless. I AM eternal. I AM a miracle. I AM divine. I AM greater than anything I have ever imagined. “Take three deep breaths. Feel the harmony within. Live in gratitude. Namaste! “
Every Sunday @ Uphill Village Hall @ 10.00 – 11.00
Meditation is a means of transforming the mind, encourage and develop concentration, clarity, emotional positivity, and a calm seeing of the true nature of things. With regular work and patience these nourishing, focused states of mind can deepen into profoundly peaceful and energised states of mind. It can have a transformative effect and can lead to a new understanding of life.
If you never done meditation before, which is absolutely fine, we will start with breathing exercises which may assist you to focus on.
Advanced payments available.
4 weeks : 4th session is half price
8 weeks : 8th session is FREE
Just turn up and enjoy. There will be refreshments following the session.
Tips for Beginners, Remember: You are practising and your commitment will take you further.
1. Sit for just two minutes every morning: Start with just two minutes a day for a week, than increase the time to 4 mins and so on. Small steps are ok to start with.
2. Commit to do it each morning: Set a reminder for every morning to do meditation.
3. How to do is easy: Find a place where you feel comfortable: sit, lie down, sit crossed legs and so on.
4. How you are feeling: Pay attention to your feelings and your mind. It is a way of understanding and getting friendlier with yourself.
5. Count your breath: Try counting “one” as you inhale, then “two” as you exhale. Repeat this to the count of 10, then start again at one.
6. Smile when you wander: Wandering mind is fine. Just observe the thoughts coming and going instead of being attached to them. Smile, look at them with a friendly attitude and simply gently return to your breath.